Tuesday, September 20, 2011

beginning a vertical group painting

Okay, I am trying to post in time to take a shower and have lunch with Marc before I head to school for the afternoon/evening. I teach Figure Painting once a week, it's a thrill and really informative for my own practice. My opening at Wynn Bone Gallery this weekend was fantastic and I plan to post photos of the space with my paintings in the next couple of days.

Today I did a lot of studio house keeping, a little work on the newer "group paintings," and I started a third painting that is VERTICAL in format. I can't remember the last time I tackled that format in a non-tiny-small. It is completely ridiculous how unconscious habits can become "laws" that inadvertently limit creative choices. Below is the new start and images of the "group paintings'" respective photos (they are single source paintings).





No comments:

Post a Comment