Thursday, July 22, 2010


a couple of updates from yesterday...
Since many of the color decisions from my recent paintings have been completely invented, I thought some life studies would help me find some new color mixes. So yesterday morning I sat on my new backyard patio and painted my very overgrown backyard. The painting is only 2" x 3", but it was a ton of fun. There is something so enthralling about life painting, it feels like a higher stakes game.



Later in the day, I worked more on my ongoing backyard and beach paintings. Also, since I posted the painting of my grandmother on the beach two days ago, I was compelled to modify her face slightly (I think for the best).


2 comments:

  1. your yard is very deep, those crazy shades of green way back in the subtropical distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "higher stakes game"...love it.

    ReplyDelete