Sunday, March 15, 2015

in the studio: weekly update #8


This week, while walking my dog, I spent a good deal of time appreciating the pink azalea blooms 
dotting the lawns of my neighbors. Next door, there is a bright yellow hose slung over a wooden fence, with several pink azaleas blooming adjacent. I've titled the non-existent painting, Composition in Pink and Gold after Whistler's Nocturne in Black and Gold. I don't have a photo to share, because I keep forgetting to grab my phone on my morning walk, when the light is right. I do however have a couple of azalea studies, a painting of Clover (a birthday gift for my friend Rachel), a selfie, and minimal progress on the end-table from last week. The selfie and azalea studies are covering up some lily paintings from winter break. 

Azaleas:
 4.75" x 3.25", oil on panel
 4.75" x 3.25", oil on panel

Clover and Azalea start:



Clover, 7"x 5", oil on wooden panel

Selfie:



7" x 5", oil on panel

Finally, the addition of 5lb weights and a cd case below the end-table, still not done.
7" x 5", oil on panel



No comments:

Post a Comment