Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cover Art: "Blue Eyes When" for "Picked Strings" by Liz Robbins


I am pleased to be a part of Liz Robbins' newest publication of poems. Picked Strings is an audio chapbook of poems, written and read by Liz Robbins. You can listen and download this book at EAT Poems, click here or here. I created the painting Blue Eyes When, as the cover image for this collection. For obvious reasons, my favorite poem from the collection is An American Artist Marries


Here is the history of the cover painting, as always I am better at documenting some steps more than others. This painting started by covering up an older work, with a source photo change towards the end.


Blue Eyes When, 12" x 12", oil on panel





1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Great choice changing the composition. moving the hands really opens the painting and brings the eye to her face. the first pic is a little closed off. I like the expression better too, very expressive, lovely.

    ReplyDelete