Monday, August 16, 2010

modifications

it's funny how a small statement can have such a large impact....


Yesterday my friend and colleague Leslie Robison (check out her work here) was over at my house for a dog romp and boy video game session (my husband and her two kids).


On her way out, we stepped into my studio. We both agreed that the picnic table was the best part of the painting, and she made a comment about it looking wet. That statement, plus a crazy 3am realization that I needed to make bolder choices in terms of color, account for some of the changes that I made today. The figures still need some work, but I am much more excited about the reflective nature of the light at this point. Thank you Leslie!

On a side note (or on the side of an envelope), here is a little sketch of Marc sleeping after dinner the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment